Welcome to 2010 ok yes I am sorry it is over 2 weeks late but I had my iphone surgically removed from my right hand, I went through cold turkey (more poultry mentions) after having my twitter account frozen and the password on my emails were unfortunately reset! I suppose in addition I booked myself off on a month long secondment over Christmas and the first 2 weeks in January to get to know my newborn – learning all about Max affectionately known as mini chickenman or chicken nugget.
Feel free to leave Max a message via the comment box as I will be collecting them all and putting them in his E-baby book to show him when he is older!
To ease myself in to work I thought I would share with you what I think are perhaps the top 5 blog posts from last year that you may have missed particularly as they are from June & July 2009. Here they are:
1. Why did the Chickenman cross the road? This was my first ever blog post and answers that question. I can’t believe how much my blog has improved yet a very informative blog post! This was back in May 2009 http://www.danjjroberts.co.uk/2009/05/30/why-did-the-chickenman-cross-the-road-first-ever-blog/
2. Recharge the Battery – This is a blog post about the worldwide award winning project that really put some of the work the students at Saltash.net do up there with the best in the world whilst saving those lovely animals chickens! http://www.danjjroberts.co.uk/2009/06/07/recharge-the-battery/
3. Heroes are global – This is a fantastic blog post about a collaborative project between my students and students from 4 other countries all over the world. It really shows the power of international projects as part of the project our students talked live on Indonesian television to 30 million people! Wow certainly beats X factor & Strictly come dancing viewing figures! http://www.danjjroberts.co.uk/2009/06/23/you-heard-it-first-here-heroes-are-global/
4. To tweet or not to tweet that is the question – This is a really cool post about the use of twitter in the classroom and the use of 20 seconds tv for revision from back in June. This was quite unusual back in June with 20 seconds in beta version! http://www.danjjroberts.co.uk/2009/06/04/to-tweet-or-not-to-tweet-that-is-the-question/
5. Putting the ning into learning – This post is all about the use of ning in the classroom, ning is still a great tool for using with students and we have had huge success using it particularly now you can even remove the ads for free! Wahoo! http://www.danjjroberts.co.uk/2009/08/09/putting-the-ning-into-learning/